Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Nov 8-13

I wrapped new books for one whole day. I held in my hands new books that were not even allowed to be put out for the patrons to checkout. I held the new Clive Cussler and James Patterson newest books. I wrapped them just liked before, but this time I completed them. I also put on the RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) tags. These tags are used for security purposes and for assisting in inventory. Then I matched the tag with the barcode and completed wrapping the books. The other two days I shelved books and straightened shelves. Next week I am going to assist in the children’s reading program and I volunteered to read a book or two. One book will be read in sign language. Yikes!
Librarian Tip of the Week: Whenever a new librarian is hired always give them a tour of the library showing them all of the different sections. Give them an information sheet showing hours, numbers of items allowed to be checked out at a time, and how to get a library card. These questions will be asked throughout the person time there. Even if he/she is a volunteer this information should be given.
15 hours down only 50 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment